2011 OSU Mansfield Excellence in Diversity Awards
The purpose of the Excellence in Diversity Awards are to recognize students, faculty and staff at The Ohio State University at Mansfield and members of the Richland County Community, who have contributed to the advancement of diversity efforts on the campus of OSU Mansfield. Recipients should demonstrate a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism through recruitment and retention efforts, teaching, research, multicultural programming, cultural competency, community outreach activities, or other initiatives directed at a diverse population of individuals.
Nominations must be received by July 31, 2011.
Recipients will be recognized at the Excellence in Diversity Awards Dinner on Thursday, September 29, 2011. For complete awards criteria, nomination instructions, and the nomination form, download the OSU Mansfield Excellence in Diversity Awards Nomination Form.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is committed to the holistic development and success of underrepresented student populations at The Ohio State University at Mansfield. OMA strives to foster a campus environment of inclusion, pluralism and social justice. The Office of Multicultural Affairs seeks to create and sustain partnerships within the local community that will promote access and equity in higher education
To advance the personal and academic excellence of diverse student populations, at The Ohio State University at Mansfield, by creating an inclusive and welcoming campus and community culture. OMA undertakes initiatives aimed at the recruitment, retention, and success of underrepresented students, by collaborating with faculty, staff, and, community partners.
- OMA will create programs and services to increase retention, persistence and graduation of students of color, first generation, and low-income students
- OMA will actively participate in recruitment efforts and strategies directed at students of color , first generation, and low-income students
- OMA will provide opportunities for students to actively engage in campus life and provide ongoing opportunities for leadership development
- OMA will serve as an advocate for underrepresented students at OSU Mansfield
- OMA will promote an a appreciation for cultural diversity on campus , including diversity education and training for students, faculty, and staff
- OMA will develop outreach programs to encourage high school graduation, college attendance and completion in the greater Mansfield community
Community Outreach and Enrichment
Inclusion and Social Justice
OMA Four-Pronged Approach
Campus Visits and Tours
Educational, Cultural and Social Programs
Academic and Personal Support for Students
Multicultural Student Organizations:
Multicultural Student Association
For more information on these or any other organizations contact: Office of Campus Life at 419-755-4314
Dametraus L. Jaggers, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Multicultural Affairs and Student Success
The Ohio State University at Mansfield
1660 University Drive
103 Bromfield Hall
Mansfield , Ohio 44906
Phone: (419) 755-4110